Applications for the 2024 training program are now open.
Submit your application, and we'll send you the registration form and selection procedure as soon as possible.
" * " indicates required fields
The Innovation Lab's aim is to train project managers who already have professional skills in a particular field, and who wish to strengthen their ability to lead the search for innovative, sustainable solutions to complex problems.
Course participants join an interdisciplinary group with collaborative work methods. They are "immersed" in concrete project situations, in the field, in contact with user communities, and with professional partners. They experience a complete innovation cycle, from problem analysis to prototyping and solution testing.
Each promotion or lab works on a specific theme.
The "Habiter demain" lab aims to :
- Work on the design of solutions for a more inclusive, resilient and cooperative city, where digital technology responds to societal challenges
- Implement user-centered design methods to integrate users into all phases of project design
- Integrate eco-design criteria into every stage of your project
- Upgrading skills in trades related to city building
Investment required of participants
Training requires physical presence at the school for 4 days a week. Depending on the trainers involved, some sequences may take place online. Designed as an "intensive" bootcamp, it requires a high level of commitment. Participants are required to have a laptop and a good wifi connection for online sequences.
From March 11
to July 10 2024
Free training, working language: French
On-site program: 18 weeks at La Plateforme, Marseille
Conditions: 4 days / week
Application deadline: Sunday, January 10, 2024. Applications are considered on a rolling basis.
Selection: application and interview
Profiles from a wide range of backgrounds (young graduates, working professionals or those undergoing retraining, project leaders...), wishing to strengthen their skills in managing innovative projects and finding solutions, interested in co-design methods with users and in issues related to housing and urban planning.
At the end of the course, students will be able to manage a complex responsible innovation project using various design methods. They will also have acquired specific skills for working on projects linked to the City Factory.
- Analyze a complex problem encountered by a community of users
- Conduct an observation and survey protocol in the field
- Implementing a user-centered design method
- Conduct a test phase
- Designing and running workshops with users
- Design a collective ideation phase using different tools
- Writing a concept note
- Communicating your project
- Making a model / prototype
- Design a circular budget and business model
Team and stakeholders
The program includes high-level speakers, which we will reveal in the coming weeks.
Phase #1 - Exploration
Observation, research, and inspiration // Analyze and define the problem in its complexity, observe the field, meet users and stakeholders
- What are the major challenges for housing in the context of the environmental crisis?
- Introduction to field observation methods
- Examples and existing initiatives (conferences, workshops, research)
- Conceptualization (rapid ideation, design sprints, pitching)
Phase #2 - Ideation
Creative exploration of future uses in the home // Imagine concepts, explore them and align the vision with users
- Design ﬁction, design service
- Visualization of scenarios
- Rapid idea development (rapid prototyping techniques)
Phase #3 - Prototyping
Modeling ideas // Making concepts real
- Modeling concepts in interdisciplinary groups
- Testing and iteration with users
Phase #4 - Documentation
Share results // Write a concept note
- Concept notes
- Pitch of the results
Discover all the program's projects and documentation on our portfolio.
Understand the control of use.
File produced as part of the first class of the Innovation Lab "Habiter demain" in 2022.
The 6 figures of the Habitat
Inspiration booklet produced in 2021 with the Banque des Territoires to better understand the emerging trends in housing...